About Our Locations
Our Regional Offices...
Bioengineering Group serves clients from regional offices located in Salem, MA, New Orleans, LA, Raleigh-Durham, NC, and from the San Diego CA region. All offices operate with a common interdisciplinary philosophy, and provide consistent, high-quality services.
To ensure that the most appropriate and cost-effective technical resources are used for specific project requirements, local staff may be supplemented with experts from other regional offices. Please contact us at one of the locations listed and let us know what we can do for you.
Bioengineering Group is committed to sustainable design, and we live by it in our own office locations!
Did you you know:
- Our Salem Headquarters is designed in keeping with the principles of the U.S. Green Building Council
- Our Salem office is within an EPA designated Brownfield corridor and that our firm was the first to invest in the redevelopment of the site and building
- Salem's Planning Department considers us the heroes that catalyzed the vitality of this neighborhood, including river stewardship and urban renewal
- We selected our office location so that it was within five minutes of a commuter train station and conveniently walkable along a linear park close to our downtown center
- Staff receive a cash bonus for not using a car most days of the month; we subsidize staff who use public transportation
- A whole new roof was installed which exceeded building code insulation standards & allowed natural light through skylights
- Our use of ceiling fans not only reduces our fuel consumption, but reduces dust and mold growth and dispersal that can be common with extensive enclosed ductwork
- The flooring was specially selected: the linoleum is actually good old fashioned linoleum made from linseed oil, sawdust, pine resin and non-toxic pigments which smelled like oatmeal for years after it was installed; the carpet is made from recycled and recyclable fiber; the tiles are made from reclaimed industrial by-products and actually serve to hermetically encapsulate material that would typically be landfilled
- Where appropriate, new walls were surfaced with sound dampening textured pin-up panels made from recycled paper
- Our doors are locally made from locally grown Birch and the wood trim and shelving is sustainably harvested Tulip Poplar wood from bottomland hardwood forests
- Our picture windows are made with the most modern fiberglass frame construction, which, in combination with double glazing, provides state-of-the-art insulation values, and we left the large overhead door in operation to provide further insulation and security on nights and weekends when closed, and of course they open for natural ventilation
- Our lighting is all energy efficient fixtures featuring a naturalistic light spectrum
- The paints and finishes used on the interior and exterior are low VOC emitting formulations to reduce worker exposure to toxic fumes and avoid sick building syndrome due to workplace air quality problems
- By tearing up some extraneous asphalt in our parking lot we created a raingarden that allows biological filtration of stormwater runoff, removing pollutants and allowing infiltration to recharge groundwater
- The very high quantity of indoor plants contributes to oxygen levels as well as absorption of indoor air quality offenders (also, NASA has proven that people are happier when working in the presence of indoor plants)
- We built bathrooms with showers in order to encourage staff to ride bikes to work and generally find time to exercise, which keeps us all healthier
- We recycle: paper, plastic, metal, glass, toner cartridges, computer components, and more. Plus we compost!
- Or that we serve organically grown, sustainably harvested, fair trade coffee, as well as teas, and serve healthy refreshments at staff functions
Come Visit Us!